Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mrs. Thrifty Claus

I started my Christmas shopping last week!  After teaching for 6 years before staying home with K, I had been saving up bonus points from the Scholastic Book Clubs with the intention of using the points for books for our kids once I started staying home.  Well, I finally got on the website and decided to use some of those points for a few Christmas presents for K this year.  I came across some great books that I thought I would share with you.  Everything from potty training to Christmas books (which I'll give to him before Christmas).  The best part was that it was free--even shipping!  


You may not be a teacher or have bonus points, but even so, you can still order from Scholastic and get some great prices on books.  They run specials for $1 books each month and always have prices far below the regular bookstore prices.  If you want me to let you in on a little secret, you could visit your child's school or your local school if your kids aren't school aged yet and offer to run the program for a particular classroom/s and start accruing bonus points for yourself.  I know for a fact that not all teachers take advantage of the program because it's an added hassle every month with collecting and placing orders, but it's a great program to promote reading in the school and earn your family some free books/toys/stuff.  Good luck!  Here are a few we got this time around:

  














So far, my favorites are: Goodnight Train, The Crayon Box That Talked, Little Quack's Bedtime, One Snowy Night, and Have You Seen My Potty? (which is hilarious!)

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! According to the Amazon prices, you guys saved alot!!! Nice!!! That's my sister!!! lol I always think of you as the sister who always finds the best deals lol Love you guys!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh.....miss those days of being able to buy books from Scholastic!! Now I just make B&N VERY rich!

    ReplyDelete