- When I picked K up from his nap this afternoon, he was in an especially cuddly mood, so I wrapped him in a warm blanket and we snuggled for a few moments. He immediately fell right back to sleep in my arms for another 45 minutes. The entire time, Baby #2 was giving playful little kicks and I was reminded that I am a mother to 2 very active, wonderful kids. In those special moments I felt so blessed.
- Made quinoa and Black beans with vegetable quesadillas for dinner and spice cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting for dessert. Won over the affections of my husband.
- Made Indian lentil stew last night for dinner and won over my own affections. I thought it was great! My dear husband was not so impressed--neither was K. Note to self--make that one again only when I'm eating alone or when I'm really mad at Kai ;-)
- Bought $500 in energy saving light bulbs and spent only $5. Yes, it was a GREAT feeling once I assured myself that I was not actually robbing the store.
- Ordered my Christmas cards from Shutterfly!! Very excited to see them!
- Bought a gently used treadmill off of Craigslist and am loving it so far!! Put it in K's playroom. Tried to avoid stepping on the toy cars he kept launching down the center of the track amused by how they flew off the end.
I've also been busy reading some more great books and thought I'd share:
Have a Little Faith
This book was great! I literally cried the entire last 2 chapters. Pregnancy hormones? Not sure. Mitch Albom is a great author. Tuesdays with Morrie was a previous favorite and I cried on that one too (and I wasn't pregnant then).
The Secret Life of Bees
Another good book. I felt like I was transported to the time and place in which the story was set. Great story.
Eat, Pray, Love
I'm in the middle of this one right now and am not sure yet. I know they made a movie of it (haven't seen it), but so far I haven't been overly impressed. I'm still in Italy though--1st of 3 countries. Has anyone read this one and does it get better??
Not so good. You wouldn't miss much if you never read this one. John Grisham, you disappointed me this time.
I'm also in the middle of another long series, but I'm not sharing the details about it because I don't want to be judged ;-)