Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Early Morning Pregnancy Scare

Yesterday morning I woke to find that I had had a little spotting during the night.  To say the least, I freaked and immediately called the doctor who immediately got me in for a checkup and concluded that everything appeared to be okay, but gave me a few restrictions until we can be sure the bleeding has stopped completely. :-(  I was thankful to hear our little guy's heartbeat (which was 150) and showed no signs of distress.  I also spent the day majorly tuned into counting kicks just to make sure he was still okay.  


The good news is that he's still as active as ever, the bad news is that I'm not.  No longer can I go running until the doctors feel comfortable about the situation.  This news made me a little sad until I thought about the alternative, and then I realized a month or two of non-running is fine.  So in the meantime, I will be doing much more walking and maybe even some swimming.   I'm very thankful that my restrictions were fairly mild and that I can still carry on with normal life.  However, today I'm staying home and enjoying K, trying to let my body do what it needs to do in order to keep our little guy safe and sound for another 19 weeks.  I'm so excited to meet our new little bundle of energy, just not quite yet.  

2 comments:

  1. A sacrafice of a few more months of running is well worth the outcome. Enjoy the down time instead of missing it. Use that time to explore something else you can share with K....your one on one time with him will soon be decreased. Treasure it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everything is okay!!!!

    I totally feel you though as far as having restrictions. I was on partial bed rest with Owen for the last 16 weeks of my pregnancy with him. I hated it!!!!!

    Call me if you get bored or need to vent or just want to chat!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete