Monday, November 1, 2010

Menu Planning Monday

Last week I started a monthly menu hoping to solve the dilemma of opening the fridge to find lots of food but nothing to eat.  I'm toying with the idea of making 3-4 months worth of menu's and then cycling through them, but I'm not sure yet.  So far it's worked out great.  We used all the food in our fridge, and always had great nutritious, tasty, and different things to eat.  Other blogs I follow post their weekly menu's in order to get ideas from others about what to make and share their menu's with the rest of the blogging world for others to get ideas from them.  I can always use a little inspiration when planning my menu to avoid the rut I sometimes get in, so here's our menu for this week (feel free to share any ideas you have too!):  


Sunday:  
  Lunch:  Leftovers
  Dinner:  Layered Applesauce, Fresh Berries, Kiwi, Yogurt
Monday:
  Lunch:  Masterful Mac n Cheese (from the Sneaky Chef Cookbook), Veggies, and Grapes
  Dinner:  Veggie Chicken Chopped Salad
Tuesday:  
  Lunch:  IQ Tuna Patties (from the Sneaky Chef Cookbook), Raisins, Veggies
  Dinner:  Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili and Spinach Salad
Wednesday:
  Lunch:  Leftovers
  Dinner:  Enchilada's and Broccoli
Thursday:  
  Lunch:  Leftovers
  Dinner:  Teriyaki Tofu, Green Beans, Rice
Friday:
  Lunch:  SLT Sandwiches, carrots, fruit
  Dinner:  Minestrone Soup and Corn Dodgers
Saturday:  
  Lunch:  Special K Roast, Green Beans, Salad, Bread
  Dinner:  Open Kitchen

2 comments:

  1. Okay. I'm ready to come to dinner at your house! I'm grocery-challenged at the moment from being away two weekends in a row! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. I always admire those who plan out menus. But this is my reality right now.
    Plan out menu. End up having to A)work late, resulting in everyone starving by the time I get home and just wanting cereal vs. waiting. B)Someone having a late practice/game/event and just wanting Del Taco for dinner vs. having to wait. C) Everyone eating late/having some "celebration" food, etc and just wanting something light for dinner (ie. smoothies or cereal).

    And there goes my chance at being Martha once again (snort)

    ReplyDelete