Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Brown Story

I've said before that life with a child/kids isn't glamorous or dazzling but it does provide one with all sorts of great memories and those unforgettable, "Yes, that happened to me." stories.  Here's one that happened today.

It's morning.  Kai has gone to work.  K has just woken up for the day.  I had hoped to get my shower in before he woke, but since that was not the case I will not be afforded the luxury of a nice long, quiet, free of distractions, peaceful shower.  I decide to hop in anyway, make it quick, and clean K up at the same time.  All went as planned.  I hopped out to dry off and K was thoroughly entertained with the shower pull thing (for lack of a better term) and the drain, so I thought I would take full advantage of the opportunity and get dressed.

Halfway through dressing and oh-so-thankful that even though I did not get my shower before he woke as planned, it didn't end up setting me behind too much.  At that very moment, my thoughts were interrupted by the sounds of soft little grunts.  My mind raced for a brief second trying to place the sound.  It clicked.  NO!!!!  I made a mad dash into the bathroom only to find that I was too late.  I arrived just as the second plop of poop landed on the white shower floor.  Yuk!  I realize that almost every mother has a story of their child pooping in the bathtub, and that I should be used to this by now. However, K has never pooped in the bathtub--ever!

Standing over him in the tub, I was trying to think of how best to handle the situation.  The first thought that came to mind was, "This might be a great potty training moment!"  Not that we were even thinking of starting down that road yet, but I at least thought he might put 2 and 2 together and get the concept.  So since he appeared to still be working on the task at hand, I quickly grabbed him (soaking wet and all) and set/held him on the toilet to try to let him finish in the "proper" place.  No sooner than he realized he was on the big white giant, he started screaming at the top of his lungs as though he thought it was going to swallow him up whole.  Realizing nothing was going according to my plan, I quickly grabbed toilet paper, cleaned him up, and got him into a diaper.

Apparently potty training is still a looooooooong way off.  Lesson learned.

4 comments:

  1. Don't you just love children?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROTFL!! (and yes, I have poop in the tub memories....IIIIIICCCCKKKK
    (sorry, I'm glad those days are done with here!! hehe)
    And my I suggest that when you do start potty training, skip the little kiddo pots (just think about cleaning those out! And if you have little friends of the same age over...sometimes they will take it upon themselves to go in there too, without anyone knowing, and yes, you will have to clean THEIR mess too!!). Use the kiddie seat thingie (forgot what they are called) that fits over the regular toilet. MUCH neater and it gets them used to the "big" toilet. Otherwise you can have issues when you are out and about and there isn't "my potty chair". And issues trying to move from the potty chair to the big pot. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! At least it wasn't on your lovely bathroom carpet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So just let me know when you're ready for me to "publish" the brown stories of Kai and Brit....the "poo" doesn't fall too far from the ????????

    ReplyDelete