It's been years since we've been to a fair, but something about having an 18 month old with an unquenchable desire for excitement made it a must. We dropped $60 and could have easily spent more, but we took a limited supply of cash to keep our spending at bay.
A few things we enjoyed:
- We found what seemed to be the only cheap spot for food and ate $1.50 grilled cheese sandwiches and chips
- $4 curly fries
- $5 funnel cake with cinnamon and sugar (SO good!)
- Passed on the deep fried oreos and twinkies (although I will try them at some point just to see how good or bad they really are)
- Ferris Wheel
- 2 slides
- Endless kid rides (see pictures below) He rode alone for the first time ever and loved it!
- Gravitron (Just kidding! Last time I came within an inch of throwing up, so we passed. Besides, I don't think my OB/GYN would approve right now.)
- Petting zoo
- Horse show
- Bear show
- Watched human gerbils run in plastic balls in a pool of water. That was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time!
This smile made it all worth it.
He seriously thought he was driving this fire truck.
Hopefully he's not getting any ideas