Friday, October 1, 2010

The Belly--Week 16


How far along:  16 weeks (4 months!!) 

Baby Size:  Supposedly it’s the size of an avocado.  I’m saying it’s one BIG avocado because I feel larger everyday!

Best Moment of the Week: Boston in the Fall!  LOVE that place! 


Movement:  I’ve been busy this week with family here, so I haven’t been as in tune as I would like to be.  Still feeling the flutters, but when I’m running around I don’t notice them as much.


Food Craving: Had fresh apple cider, fresh apples, and fresh apple cider donuts.  Yummmm! Definitely a fall favorite. 


What I'm looking forward to: A lazy week.  Had family here for 2 weeks (such fun times!) and I’m planning to head back soon to be with Kai’s mom as she recovers from surgery.  I have to do this trip alone and I’m not looking forward to the long drive or being a “single” mom for the time I’m away (as I’ve said before:  Kai is a great dad and helps so much with K), but I'm looking forward to helping her through this tough time.  So this week will be as relaxed and normal as I can make it apart from my OB appt, hair appt, and family pictures. 


Weekly Wisdom:  Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch.
-- E.B. White, Charlotte's Web


Big Brother:  K got to know Grandma and Papa a lot more this week!!  His new favorite word is “Papa” which he says all the time.  They will be missed.  

1 comment:

  1. There have been sightings of giant avocados in various tropical areas of the world - maybe this one just got discombulated!! At least you don't have to have a heat lamp on your belly as the babe nears hatching!!!

    Enjoy some peaceful moments now, but know I CAN'T WAIT to see you!!!!

    ReplyDelete