Friday, October 29, 2010

The Belly Update--20 Weeks

How far along:  20 weeks (5 months!) 

Baby Size:  He’s about 10 inches long now—crown to feet.  I'm at that awkward stage where it looks like I'm putting on weight, but you can't tell for sure that I'm pregnant.  Not yet in maternity clothes, but the jeans are starting to get tight so it probably won't be too much longer.  I may pull out my Bella Band soon...

Best Moment of the Week: Seeing our little guy on ultrasound!!!

Movement:  All the time!  This little guy hardly sleeps…hmmm hope it’s not a sign of things to come. 

Food Craving: Grapefruit!  Seems like I can’t get enough lately.

What I'm looking forward to: We’re heading to a Halloween parade tomorrow night that everyone here says is the best ever.  They also promise that K will not be scared because it’s not a scary parade, so we’re willing to give it a try.   

Also Kai is taking me to a Trans Siberian Orchestra concert next weekend to kick off the holiday season!!  I am sooooo excited!   

Weekly Wisdom:  “Having a baby is like getting a tattoo on your face. You really need to be certain it’s what you want before you commit.”
--Taken from Eat, Pray, Love (which I’m reading right now)

Big Brother:  K just might understand that there is a baby growing in my tummy.  Lately he has been coming up, rubbing my belly, saying “baby”, and then giving me a big hug.  It’s one of the sweetest things! 
He will be an astronaut for Halloween on Sunday.  His little outfit is pretty cute.  I wish that I could have found a cool astronaut helmet, but he probably wouldn’t have kept it on anyway, so I have to settle for a hat.  Pictures to follow later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment