Monday, May 10, 2010

I'll Never Complain About Laundry Again

Laundry is a completely different experience here. See for yourself:

A local washing house



Washing clothes in a small river

Washing in a larger river

Drying the clothes

More drying
We haven’t had to do our laundry this way thankfully. We have borrowed washing machines from the other missionary families here and have hung our clothes on the line everyday, which is more work than at home, but nothing in comparison with how most of the local people have to do their laundry. I’m thankful for the modern conveniences we have in the U.S. and next time I moan about having to wash, dry, and fold another load of laundry (I swear kids triple your laundry output), I will remember the laundry experience here.

No comments:

Post a Comment