- scale walls
- climb doors
- live without their head for an entire week--no I did not torture an ugly, pesky cockroach to find this out (though I’m not necessarily opposed), I just did a little research.
- can live without food for a month.
- hold their breath for 40 minutes if necessary.
- have extremely long antennas
- run very fast!
- run toward you, not away from you.
Other notable facts:
- Though I previously presumed myself tough and fearless, recently I have been known to shriek like a little girl and climb the walls to get away from these loathsome creatures.
- Kai’s cockroach killing maneuvers are akin to Bruce Willis in Die Hard. He will use whatever means are at his disposal to take them out of the gene pool since it seems they are hardy little creatures (especially since they only need a crack the size of the thickness of the edge of a quarter to sneak into your house).
- Kai’s my hero. I have not yet had to kill even one.
- This also makes Kai a cockroach murder, I suppose.
- In the middle of the night, I will debate long and hard before getting up to use the bathroom for fear that I might chance upon one under my bare feet…eeeeeek! It literally has to be an emergency before my feet will touch the ground and then I walk ever so cautiously and carefully to take care of business, hold my feet up while on the john (this is an art I have mastered while here in Tana), then leap a solid 4 feet back to the bed. Poor Kai.
- The only good cockroach is a dead one.