Sunday, May 20, 2012

I surprised Kai with a getaway to Chicago for his birthday weekend. Left the kids with grandma and we savored time together in a great city. It just so happened that his birthday weekend also happened to be the NATO Summit, so we got to witness large scale protests with more police force than knew existed in Chicago. We also had brunch at one of our favorite restaurants overlooking the Magnificent Mile and just happened to see Obama and his motorcade drive by!! So funny that we keep accidentally running into Obama (last year we were at Albany airport when he arrived and took off on Air Force One-Kasen LOVED that!)! I worried a little when I found out about NATO (after planning the trip), but I'm SO glad I didn't cancel because the city was relatively quiet, traffic wasn't bad, and with police on every block, we felt extremely safe!

By the way, dating after kids is so much fun! I think every minute is that much more valuable!














- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment