Thursday, June 23, 2011

Weekend Away--Father's Day

 Last weekend we spent Father's Day in the mountains in Kai's cousin's cabin.  It has an absolutely gorgeous view of the valley!  The air is cleaner, the views are spectacular, and it's a little slower paced from the normal day-to-day.  Kasen seemed to love it as well.  He couldn't stop pointing out all the mountains he could see and picking up all the sticks and pine cones, etc. he could find. 

 The start of sunset
 Showing off their Michigan clothes from Grandma and Papa 
 Evening setting in
 A special treat.  How many times do you see a heart in the clouds???
 Father's Day morning
 The valley sacked in
 Gotta love those morning eyes :-)
 Afternoon hike

 Kelton's favorite spot--as close to me as he can be!  I love it!  (And I know I'll miss it someday!)

Of course, Kasen's famous string in the mouth shot!  I'll have to do a series over the months/years.  

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous place. So glad you could get away for some special family time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks/sounds like you had a fabulous time!! Just seeing the pics gives me a tiny R&R too!! Love forever ~ Mom/Nini

    ReplyDelete